Staying updated with the latest news and developments in the live streaming industry is vital for your business if you want to get ahead and stay in front of the game in your industry. Embracing and evolving with live streaming as part of your event strategy allows you to connect with a broader audience, enhance the attendee experience and derive multiple benefits from your events that will benefit your company.
We share with you the main reasons why your company must stay updated with the latest news, developments and trends within the live streaming industry.
- Technology Advancements: The live streaming industry is heavily influenced by technology advancements. New streaming platforms, encoding techniques, delivery protocols and hardware innovations constantly emerge.
How Go Live delivered live streamed events back when the company was started over ten years ago is so different to how they are delivered today. We needed to evolve as the whole concept of live streaming was evolving, especially with so many more companies flooding the industry. If Go Live didn’t stay ahead of the time, we would have been left behind in a flash. By staying informed, you, too, can leverage the latest technologies to improve the quality of your live streams, enhance viewer experiences, and stay competitive in the market.
2. Evolving Audience Performance: Like with anything else, audience preferences and behaviours change over time. Staying updated with live streaming trends will help you as a company understand the evolving expectations of your viewers. You can identify emerging content formats, engagement strategies, and interactive features that resonate with your target audience. By adapting to these preferences, you can deliver compelling live streams and build on your loyal viewer base.
Over the 10+ years Go Live has been in the industry, we have seen many different trends evolve, some that worked well and revolutionised the industry, to others that didn’t take off. We went from just doing your plain run-of-the-mill live stream with no interaction to running events with such a high level of audience interaction, with polls, live Q&A sessions and virtual games, to name a few.
3. Platform Updates and Features: It is no secret that live streaming platforms regularly introduce new features and tools, not to mention monetising options. Keeping up to date with what platforms are available will allow you to take advantage of new functionalities, optimise your contempt for specific platforms, and ensure that you deliver your events in the utmost professional way. It will also help you stay informed about monetisation opportunities, such as sponsorship opportunities and paid subscriptions.
In January 2022, Go Live launched its platform, which is Australian-owned and developed and completely customisable. It has been a game changer for our clients, as it is a cost-effective way to live stream their events without losing audience interaction. It increases audience engagement through live Q&A, polling, games and interactive surveys. Like anything else in the live stream industry, we have needed to evolve the platform as the industry evolves, and we are looking forward to rolling out phase two of the platform, which will include its very own paywall facility. The Go Live platform is bold and colourful and can hold all the vital information of your event, including speaker profiles and full event agendas.
4. Networking and Collaboration: Staying updated with industry news lets your company connect with other content creators, industry professionals, and potential collaborators. Industry events, online communities, and social media like LinkedIn can offer networking opportunities. By engaging with industry professionals, you have the opportunity to share knowledge and experiences and explore collaborative opportunities that can expand your reach and enhance your live streaming initiatives.
The Go Live team constantly attends industry events, whether in-person or online, streamed webinars. Networking has become a fundamental part of our business growth and development. Networking and collaboration have allowed us to enhance our skills, and gain valuable feedback, especially with the launch of the Go Live Platform. Where we received real-time feedback at the initial roll-out of the platform, which has helped us evolve the platform even further for phase two.
5. Market Research and Business Insights: Staying updated with industry news provides valuable market research and business insights. You can gain knowledge about market trends, audience demographics, industry forecasts and emerging niches. This information will help you make informed decisions regarding content creation, audience targeting and business development ideas.
For Go Live to be so successful in the live streaming industry, we not only have to provide a professional service to our client base, we need to be at the forefront of the industry to anticipate industry changes before they happen. We are constantly looking at analytical reports and data gained from our live streamed events, and it is through this information that we can make informed decisions, refine our strategies and position our business for growth and success within the live streaming industry.
6. Industry Trends and Best Practices: The live streaming industry is dynamic and constantly evolving. Staying updated with these industry trends and best practices will enable you to stay ahead of the curve. You will gain insights into successful strategies other content creators use, learn from their experiences, and adapt those learnings to your live streaming projects. You will learn to avoid mistakes while capitalising on emerging trends by staying informed.
Choosing a professional live streaming service when creating your events is paramount to the success of your live streamed events. Go Live has the experience to back decisions and to guide you through every step. In the years we have been in the industry, we have seen what works and what doesn’t. We have seen time and time again the mistakes that are constantly made. We keep up with what is trending in the industry and know how to deliver on those trends every time.
So what will set your live stream event apart from the rest? If you can’t answer that question, it is even more critical for you to stay updated with the latest news and developments in the live streaming industry. It is about delivering unique content with the most up-to-date technology and platform. It is about focusing on networking, collaborating within the industry, and using your knowledge of industry trends and best practices to set you apart from the competition.